Benefits for your Health
- With its excellent diuretic properties, nettle tea is recommended to clean the kidneys and the bladder. Drink nettle tea to cure a bladder infection.
- Fresh nettle juice as well as the seeds is rich in iron and other minerals.
- Nettle tea is recommended to sustain the immune system in general and in acute cases such as in a radioactive environment (e.g. after a nuclear incident). Of course, in this last case, you should not make the tea from freshly collected nettle.
Benefits for your Garden and Other Environmental Benefits
- Habitat for butterflies like the peacock butterfly, the small tortoiseshell, and admirals.
- Nettle enriches the soil on which it grows and intensifies the aroma of herbs growing in its proximity.
- Nettle can be used in many recipes like nettle soup, nettle curry, gratins, souffles, etc.
- ↑ Kafka P., König. J., Limmer W.: Tschernobyl: Die Informationslüge – Anleitung zum Volkszorn. Schneekluth, München 1986. ISBN: 3 7951 1018 1